[Tutor] broken script - curiouser and curiouser

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 11:21:59 CEST 2011

Hi Lisi

On 7 July 2011 08:52, Lisi <lisi.reisz at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You could obviously see something wrong
> >
> > The posted error report had no colon.
>
> Yes - but the script had one, which was why I included the actual script in
> my
> original post.  I seem to have cut too much in this email!

The error message from Python is quoting what the interpreter read/saw from
the script file it was running.  If it quoted no colon, then there was no
colon in the python file read by the interpreter, at the time that it tried
to run it.  Your job is to figure out how this has happened.  Do you maybe
have several copies of the script lying around in different folders?  Were
you maybe editing the the file (and keeping it open in the editor) while
running it from a command prompt every so often and did you maybe not save
the change before running the script (so that there may have been a
discrepancy between the script on disk that was run by the interpreter and
the script in your editor window)?

Cheers

Walter