[Tutor] broken script - curiouser and curiouser

Lisi lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 17:39:34 CEST 2011

On Thursday 07 July 2011 15:42:12 Michael M Mason wrote:
> > Maybe you've been editing ex25 and then executing ex26. That'd get you
> > the same error in the same place over and over again.
>
> Looks like this might be it. In your earlier post the error reported is in
> ex26:-
>
> : lisi at Tux:~/Python/LearnPythonTheHardWay$ python ex26.py
> :   File "ex26.py", line 10
> :     def print_first_word(words)
> :                               ^
> : SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> : lisi at Tux:~/Python/LearnPythonTheHardWay$

Doh! Thank you , Michael.  The book does say something along the lines of "If
you are stuck, leave it, take a break and come back to it later".

Still, at least I can learn from my mistakes. ;-)  That is my story anyway,
and I'm sticking to it.

Many years ago, in the days of the ark, when men were real men, and
programming meant writing strings of 0s and 1s and then shifting pins around
a board, I once spent over two hours trying to discover what was wrong with
my code in just one spot.

At the end of the over 2 hours it finally dawned on me that my code was fine -
the memory location for that particular pin was faulty.

Lisi