[Tutor] Fall in love with bpython

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 27 00:34:56 CEST 2011

Karim wrote:

> I use bpython interpreter. This is a very good interactive CLI.

I had never heard of it and had to google for it.
It appears to be a curses based CLI for *nix and MacOS

> I want to create a CLI with the same features than bpython.
> But the cmd std module seems no to be used in this project...

Why not read the bpython source to see what they used?
Thats the big advantage of open source - its open!
(Although they don't make the source explicitly available,
I'm assuming the tar file contains the source- it might
even be in Python!)

They use pygments to parse the source as you type.
That would be worth investigating too...

HTH,

Alan G.