[Tutor] About the Mailing List

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Jul 29 07:32:36 CEST 2011

Jordan wrote:
> How do I see what in the mailing list has already been responded too,
> before it sends me the digest? For instance I wanted to respond to one
> of the questions, but seeing that the time was almost two hours ago. I
> am sure someone has already responded. Where could I check to see if
> this is true? I assume the mailing list are posted some wheres on-line.
> But I can only find the sign up page. Thanks in advance for the link.

Digest mode is a pain in the backside for people wanting to reply, and
an even bigger pain for those who read the replies to digests. Please
consider doing yourself, and everyone else, a favour by switching to
individual emails.

You can see the archives by going to this page here:

and following the links to the archives. There are *three* given: two
external archives (Activestate and Gmane) and one held by python.org itself.

--
Steven