[Tutor] Objects C++ vs Python

Ashwini Oruganti msg.ashwini at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 13:03:35 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com>wrote:

C++ grew out of C so it has a lot of non OOP features. It is no
> surprise to find therefore that its primitive types are related to
> memory allocation and raw data rather than objects.
>

> No object is standard in OOP. It is a concept. It is the instantiated
> encapsulation of data and function. How it is created varies between
> language implementations.

Well, that clears it up!  I guess Python is a wider implementation of OOP,
hence a wider use of objects. Thanks a lot.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Walter Prins <wprins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Object Oriented code in e.g. a procedural language like C, which obviously
> doesn't support the notion of objects explicitly in the language, although
> then it's up to you to come up with conventions and infrastructure to
> support the concept of object orientation in your program.

Didn't know that!  It's interesting that  GObject is itself written in C,
which is a procedural laguage..

--
Regards,
Ashwini