[Tutor] STUPID telnet connection question

davidheiserca at gmail.com davidheiserca at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 19:02:09 CEST 2011

I think Steven and Alan misunderstood the Rayon's question.

Rayon is using his telnet script to pass commands to a device ONE AT A TIME.
Then he breaks the connection and reconnects for the next command..

He is asking how to open a telnet connection, pass MULTIPLE commands, then
close the session.

In my opinion, both of your responses border on rude. This mailing list is
supposedly for beginners who often don't even know enough to formulate a
clear question. If some of the more senior members ridicule the beginner's
stupid questions, how will he or anyone else learn anything.

If I were a shy beginning programmer, these responses would probably cause
me to think twice before asking any stupid questions. Why put myself out
there for ridicule?

There are no stupid questions! There are only stupid teachers.