[Tutor] Medical Decision-Making Question

James Reynolds eire1130 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:48:02 CEST 2011

I would start by getting a lot of the parameters you need in a database such
as SQLite (comes with python).

So for example, you would have a disease with known symptoms. You could
structure your tables with diseases symptoms

So, say the disease is a cold in the table you will have a row for cold and
columns identifying each symptom (by unique IDs).

In your symptom table you would have a row for each symptom and a column for
its parameters and probabilities and such.  For example, gender exclusive,
age exclusive, geographic exclusive, workplace, etc.

>From there you can build your select statements on the fly using python's
string formating.

That's how i would do it anyway.

I'm sure there are other ways as well.