[Tutor] Weird tkFont behavior

Steve Willoughby steve at alchemy.com
Fri Jun 17 23:27:00 CEST 2011

On 17-Jun-11 14:18, Alan Gauld wrote:
> But I confess I've never used font tags (and didn't even know
> they existed).

Neither did I until now.  I had been playing with WxPython previously
(which is still a great toolkit I'd recommend when it makes sense), but
I've been getting happier to see the improvements to what you can do
with just plain Tkinter since the last time I used it seriously.
Tkinter and ttk do have the advantage of already being right there in
the standard library.
Steve Willoughby / steve at alchemy.com
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
PGP Fingerprint 4615 3CCE 0F29 AE6C 8FF4 CA01 73FE 997A 765D 696C