[Tutor] Python GUI

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 29 19:27:56 CEST 2011

"Walter Prins" <wprins at gmail.com> wrote

> Just to add to what Alan's said:  A key thing you will need to wrap
> your
> head around when transitioning to GUI applications is the fact that
> the
> application is then not linear (or as linear) as a console/text
> application.

Thanks for the extra detail Walter, I was in a hurry this morning :-)

> So conceptually, in a console application, you write the "main" loop
> ...In a GUI application, you can imagine this loop is somewhere
> inside the operating system

And if you want to compare the two approaches the Event Driven
Programming topic in my tutorial has essentially the same
application implemented as both a console and GUI app.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site