[Tutor] Fwd: Re: Help! (solution)

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 02:09:50 CET 2011

Put the timing code for one itemt in a while loop and have the variable for
elapsed time incremented by the amount of time the fabricator has to cool
every time the modulus of the loop counter / 127 is 0 AND the count is above
0.

production = 0
time = 127 # seconds
timer = 0
rest = 313
run = input("Enter your run total: ")

while production != run:
    timer = timer +  time
    if run % production = 0:
        timer = timer + rest

print "It took %i  seconds to produce %i items." % (timer, run)

d = 24*60*60
h = 60*60
m = 60
D = timer /  d # how many days
Dsec = timer %  d # seconds left after deducting the days
H = Dsec /  h # how many hours
Hsec = Dsec % h # seconds left after deducting hours.
M = Hsec /  m # how many minutes
Msec  = Hsec % m # seconds left after deducting minutes

print "Production time for %i items: %i Days, %i:%i:%i" % (run, D, H, M,
Msec)

# my 2 cents