[Tutor] Error while using calendar module in Python 2.7

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Mar 5 10:47:55 CET 2011

ranjan das wrote:
> I ran the following code in python 2.6 and then in python 2.7 (using
> calendar module) to manipulate dates and times
> The following code works fine in Python 2.6 but throws up an error in Python
> 2.7. Can anyone please say why?

No it does not work fine at all. It generates a SyntaxError in every
version of Python, including 2.6 and 2.7:

     print next week
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

After fixing that error, I get:

NameError: name 'monday' is not defined

Please COPY and PASTE the ACTUAL code you run, do not retype it. Make
sure that it actually does run before claiming it runs. Do not waste
everybody's time with junk code that doesn't run, and them waste our
time again with not one but *two* corrections, neither of which actually
fix the broken code.