[Tutor] Print/Loop Question

michael scott jigenbakuda at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 20:02:13 CET 2011

Hi Jeff how are you today?

Well about your question... I copy and pasted your code and it worked fine for
me. Well except for in the code bit you posted you forgot to give a guess a
value before it was referred to. So under number = 44 I just wrote guess = 0 and
it worked fine.

But perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question, because I did not get any of the
errors you mentioned.

Here is what I got

jigenbakuda at jigenbakuda-HP-G50-Notebook-PC:~$ python 6.py
Guess a number between 1 - 100: 45
Too high
Guess a number between 1 - 100: 43
Too low
Guess a number between 1 - 100: 44
Just right
jigenbakuda at jigenbakuda-HP-G50-Notebook-PC:~$

with this code

number = 44
guess = 0
while guess != number :
    guess = int(raw_input("Guess a number between 1 - 100: "))
    if guess > number :
        print ("Too high")

    elif guess < number :
        print ("Too low")
    else:
        print ("Just right" )

If I'm misunderstanding your problem, I'm sorry.

 ----
What is it about you... that intrigues me so?