[Tutor] server used in python

James Thornton james at jamesthornton.com
Mon Mar 28 13:29:47 CEST 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 3:27 AM, ema francis <emafrs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am learnning python for  3 months from now. I wanted to know how and what
> server is used in python web development?Looking for your help ....

When you're developing a Python Web application, most people use a
development server that automatically detects when you update a file
and reloads it for you so you don't have to restart the Web server
each time.

When you're ready to take your site live, you have several options. If
you design your Web application as a WSGI app
(http://www.wsgi.org/wsgi/), you can hook into any WSGI server. Many
people use Apache with mod_wsgi, but you can also proxy back to your
Web app.

Look at using the Flask Web Framework (http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/).
Flask is a modern, lightweight, and well-documented Python Web
framework so you won't have to spend much time learning it or fighting
with it so you won't find yourself asking, "Will I be able to do what
I want in the framework without hacking it?"

Flask let's you program in Python rather than writing to the framework
like you typically have to in larger, opinionated framework's like
Django and Rails. It comes with a development server, and its
documentation (http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/) explains several
different types of deployment options for when you're ready to go live
(http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/deploying/).

- James

--
Latest Blog: http://jamesthornton.com/blog/how-to-get-to-genius