[Tutor] Regex question

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 30 08:55:45 CEST 2011

""Andrés Chandía"" <andres at chandia.net> wrote

> I'm new to this list, so hello everybody!.

Hi, welcome to the list.

Please do  not use reply to start a new thread it confuses threaded
readers and may mean you message will not be seen. Also please
supply a meaningful subject (as above) so we can decide if it
looks like something we can answer!

These will help you maximise the replies. Also, although not
relevant here, please include the full text of any error messages
and the Python version and OS you are using (2 or 3 etc).
Basically anything that helps us understand the context.

> in perl there is a way to reference previous registers,
> $text =~ s/<u>(l|L|n|N)<\/u>/$1e/g;

> I'm looking for the way to do it in python

It is possible but I'll let some of the more regex literate users
tell you how :-)

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site