[Tutor] create an xls file using data from a txt file

tee chwee liong tcl76 at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 15:34:09 CEST 2011

hi all,

thanks for this sharing. when i copy and run this code, i got this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Python25/myscript/excel/sampleexcel.py", line 1, in <module>
    import csv
  File "C:/Python25/myscript/excel\csv.py", line 3, in <module>
    w=csv.writer(open('output.csv','w'))
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'writer'

i'm using Python 2.5 and Win XP. pls help advise.

thanks
tcl