[Tutor] cpython

Chris Fuller cfuller084 at thinkingplanet.net
Thu May 12 15:25:49 CEST 2011

CPython refers to the main implementation, which is written in C.  There are a
bunch of different implementations, such as IronPython for .NET or Jython for
the Java Virtual Machine.

There's also Cython (subtle spelling difference), which you can use to combine
C and Python code.  It isn't quite an implementation in the same sense, but
it's close.

Most folk use CPython, and it's what we discuss on this list, unless otherwise
specified.

http://www.python.org/getit/
http://cython.org/

Cheers