[Tutor] how to read two files and substitute

Michiel Overtoom motoom at xs4all.nl
Tue May 17 20:30:36 CEST 2011

On 2011-05-17 18:47, lina wrote:

> A further question:  I don't know how can I get the final output is unique?

Unique in what way? You mean that in file1 (confout.pdb?) there could be
more values for the same key? or should duplicate lines in the output be
condensed to one line? Maybe if you were more descriptive with what your
goal and your source data is, your programming problem is easier to solve.

[It could be that you're not comfortable discussing this on a public
mailing list, but then, this is python-tutor.  If you require hands-on
help with complex programming problems in your work field, or even just
working solutions, it might be more advantageous to hire me as a remote
consultant (€120 per hour) which will enable you to offload difficult
programming problems on me, and if you want, I'll throw in some online
Python lessons via Skype in as well ;-) ]

Greetings,

--
"Good programming is not learned from generalities, but by seeing how
significant programs can be made clean, easy to read, easy to maintain