[Tutor] can I walk or glob a website?

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Wed May 18 21:10:06 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Marc Tompkins <marc.tompkins at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Prasad, Ramit <ramit.prasad at jpmchase.com
> > wrote:
>
>>  > It's horribly crude, in retrospect, and I'm embarrassed re-reading my
>> code - but if you're interested I can forward it (if only as an example of
>> what _not_to do.)
>>
>> I would be interested even if the OP is not ;)
>>

> OK then, but bear in mind that I was young and foolish then.  Of course,
> I'm old and foolish now...

I just DID re-read it, and I'd just like to point out:
-  I wrote my script to work with the structure of one particular website, "
audiobooks.ulitka.com".  As written, it probably wouldn't work with a
generic site.
-  "audiobooks.ulitka.com" no longer exists, so even if you installed all
the dependencies and got my code working, it wouldn't work.   The "
ulitka.com" domain appears to have been sold to a completely different
business/organization...