[Tutor] Python Interview Questions..

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Fri May 27 02:09:25 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com>wrote:

> "Prasad, Ramit" <ramit.prasad at jpmchase.com> wrote
>
>  Is C still the standard interviewing basis for the computer science basics
>> (e.g. data structures, algorithms, etc)?
>>

> In the UK at least it is almost universally Java nowadays.
>
> C (and C++) are still yused in industrial settings, especially in embedded
> systems, but Java has come to dominate academia and busness applications.
>
> Which, as Joel Spolsky has famously pointed out, is not universally a Good
Thing:
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/ThePerilsofJavaSchools.html

And, back to the OP's original question, Joel also wrote "The Guerrilla
Guide to Interviewing."  I'd hate to give the impression that all earthly
wisdom flows from Joel, but he makes some excellent points; even if you're
the job applicant rather than the person doing the hiring, I definitely
recommend reading it:
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/GuerrillaInterviewing3.html