[Tutor] Finding error from os.system(cmd)

Marilyn Davis marilyn at pythontrainer.com
Mon May 30 18:48:04 CEST 2011

Hi Kann,

So you are saying that you printed your command, then ran it at the
terminal prompt, and it ran ok?

You might want to look at the subprocess library so that you can collect
stderr from the process.  The online documentation is great, with lots of
examples.

BTW, on your line 6, you str(some-stuff-that-is-already-a-str), which is a
waste, and a little confusion for your reader.

I hope you find some help in these suggestions.

Marilyn Davis