[Tutor] login window using Tk

Steve Willoughby steve at alchemy.com
Tue Nov 1 18:25:50 CET 2011

On 01-Nov-11 09:47, Chris Hare wrote:
> Questions:
> 1. Is this the best way of doing this or is there a better way?
> 2. How do I exit the main loop when the user has authenticated?

Why stop the main loop and restart it?  Typically you'd setup the app,
and start the main loop running for the duration.  Everything else is
handled by the application's logic.

For example, you'd display the login toplevel window, and when it's
satisfied, it can trigger the functionality which creates (or displays
the pre-created but hidden) application window and dismisses the login
toplevel.

Steve Willoughby / steve at alchemy.com
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
PGP Fingerprint 4615 3CCE 0F29 AE6C 8FF4 CA01 73FE 997A 765D 696C