[Tutor] login window using Tk

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 00:36:30 CET 2011

On Nov 1, 2011 4:17 PM, "Joel Montes de Oca" <joelmontes01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/01/2011 02:18 PM, Alan Gauld wrote:
>>
>> On 01/11/11 18:09, Alexander Etter wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, hopefully a more experience hacker can provide clarity, but how
>>> secure does this login need to be? I dont much about python in DRAM but
>>> your login sounds like it could be easily hacked.
>>

>> That depends entirely on how the user is authenticated.
>> (assuming basic things like blanked password fields in the UI etc)
>>
>> For all we know the authentication could be against a central
>> Single Sign On authentication server someplace.
>> The OP didn't say.
>>

> Question, once the code is compiled to a binary, can someone inject code
to cause the hidden window to show, skipping the login altogether?

Technically speaking, you could do that with /any/ program in any language.
Good security is hard, and some things are just not worth spending that
much time on. If good security were easy then photoshop wouldn't be pirated
so much.

-Wayne