[Tutor] assign all parameters of __init__ to class variables?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Nov 4 07:32:38 CET 2011

Alex Hall wrote:
> I'm sorry, I misspoke (well, mistyped anyway). I have a couple
> class-level variables, but most of them are set in the __init__ so
> that every instance gets a fresh copy of them. Thatnks for the

Ah I see, or at least I think I see. Possibly we're talking at
cross-purposes.

When you talk about "class-level variables", to me that means class
attributes: attributes of a class, like this:

class Spam:
     x = "this is at the class level"

as opposed to "instance-level variables", which I would interpret as
instance attributes:

class Ham:
     def __init__(self):
         self.x = "this is on the instance"

If you mean something different from this, then we're talking past each
other.

--
Steven