[Tutor] Question about GUI applications.

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 8 23:01:25 CET 2011

On 08/11/11 15:56, Steve Willoughby wrote:

>> I can't recall what it is, but its similar to the one used for setting
>> the title text on the Window, one of the wm_xxxxx calls.
>
> I have an app I'm developing and running successfully on Windows ...
>
> root = Tkinter.Tk()
> root.iconbitmap(default=ico_image_filename)

Yep, that's the one I was thinking of. Looks like they must have fixed
the problem. Last time I tried it ran without errors but didn't change
the icon - that would have been with Python 2.2-3(ish) on Windows XP.
It was a known issue on the Tk forums...

Hmm, Googling, it looks like it was probably fixed in Tk 8.4.
Which is a wee while ago! :-)

Although I see it still being described as a bug up until April 2008 at
least. The suggested "fix" being to edit the icon in wish.exe using a
resource editor - yikes!

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site