[Tutor] Okay, this time I tried doing a little research but no luck in solving this one.

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Nov 11 01:32:31 CET 2011

Nathaniel Trujillo wrote:
> I decided to try using python version 2.1.3

Nathaniel, that's SIX VERSIONS OLD. That's ancient history. Python 2.1
is missing a lot of important features.

Please use at least Python 2.6, 2.7 would be better.

I admire your perseverance in the face of adversity. Man, I would have
given up by now! Well done. But honestly you're going at this like a
bull in a china shop, just charging ahead trying to overcome all
obstacles by sheer activity. Time to slow down and work smarter, not harder.

Please start off by installing Python 2.6 or 2.7. Unless you have
specific reason to use an old version, you should always stick to a
recent version: either the newest, or the one before it. (Python 3.x is
a bit of a special case.)

Once you have installed Python, run this from the command line to test it:

python -c "import sys; print sys.version"

and tell us what it says. Please copy and paste the exact output, don't
re-type it or summarize.

It should say something like "2.7.3 blah blah blah...". If it does,
launch the Python interactive interpreter by running:

python

from the command line (with no additional arguments), then when the
prompt changes to >>> type this:

import pygame

If you get an error, please copy and paste the full output.

Once you've done that, we'll see what happens next.

--
Steven