[Tutor] [OSX] "Executable" .py or pyc script (stuck at Applescript)

learner404 learner404 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:40:29 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Prasad, Ramit
<ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com>wrote:

 It is probably easiest to keep myapp.py in the home directory (or
> subdirectory of it) and say "python ~/myapp.py" (or "python
> ~/.roadierich/myapp.py) from the applescript

I will go with that for now. My python script is using a bunch of relative
paths so I added this before the script:

if sys.platform=="darwin":

    os.chdir(os.path.expanduser("~/myfolder/"))
I will try to see if there's something like "inno setup" to make an
installer. If anyone have something to recommend for this i'm interested.

Thanks Ramit and all.