[Tutor] plot

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 15:12:57 CET 2011

Hi Lina,

On 14 November 2011 12:39, lina <lina.lastname at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have not experienced in "plot a figure" with python.
> Try python-pygraphviz is a good choice?

Graphviz is a library to help visualize graphs in the computer science
sense.  (See  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graph_%28data_structure%29 or
the shoreted version: http://is.gd/AKiiMA)  So unless by "plot a figure"
you actually mean "visualize a graph" in that sense, then the answer would
be no I don't think it's a good choice, and instead I'd suggest you want
something a bit more general.  Google returned this page on stackoverflow
which offers several suggestions:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/326300/python-best-library-for-drawing
or the shortened version:
http://is.gd/vrDTjf

>From the above, I'd probably suggest along with one of answers above, that
you stick with the TK Canvas for now as this is included with Python.  Thus
you won't have to get into installing 3rd party packages/libraries/modules
to get going.

If however you really are trying to visualize a  graph of some sort then
the question likely needs to be revisited, and then pygrahpviz would
probably be a good choice.

Walter