[Tutor] interesting behaviour with postional output

Chris Fuller cfuller084 at thinkingplanet.net
Mon Nov 14 20:26:00 CET 2011

Fonts can be categorized as "fixed" or "proportional" widths.  Proportional
width fonts have different widths depending on the character.

If you want to line up text, you must use fixed width fonts like courier, or
use tabs, but that can be unreliable.  You can get fancy and measure the width
of a string in some font (if you have an API that allows it), but that is
rarely worthwhile.

Cheers