[Tutor] interesting behaviour with postional output

Rance Hall ranceh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 22:27:54 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Joel Goldstick
<joel.goldstick at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, as was stated, best to use mono space if you are writing to a terminal.
> If you are writing web pages, of course you have lots of formatting options
>
> --
> Joel Goldstick

One option I've used in the past for issues such as this is enscript.

You can have python call enscript with some formatting options,
including font, and pipe the output of enscript into ps2pdf and you
have a pdf file that you can email/upload to a web server, etc.

The OP didn't say what the intended output was supposed to do, but
just that it was different between screen and other output modes.

The OP now knows that because of the difference between fixed width
and proportional fonts, but my suspicion is that that piece of
information while it fully explains and answers the OP, there is more
forthcoming.