[Tutor] Clock in tkinter?

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:27:04 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Mic <o0MB0o at hotmail.se> wrote:

>   Thanks for your quick answer. Hmm, I never thought that didn’t have to
> use a global variable.

That's often the point of using classes - you want to collect related data
and functions in one place. In this case, you're creating a clock widget,
so you want all of your clock data and methods inside your class.

> When you mentioned time.localtime() method, did you mean that I should
> convert the time to numbers and then write an if statement?
> Like, say that I make 1 hour equivalent to the integear clock= 1.  Then I
> write an if statement that says that the computer should print “Hi”
> if clock>1:
>     print (“hi”)

Take a look at what's available from the localtime:

>>> help(time.localtime)

and

>>> help(time.localtime())

You should be able to figure out a way to make it work pretty much like
what your initial thought was.

As an aside, you've been top-posting, which can cause a lot of problems for
people who want to follow the thread of the conversation - all they see is
what you've written with no context. The appropriate thing to do is reply
inline, removing any irrelevant material and (usually) indicating that
you've done so with a <snip> or [...] or something similiar.

HTH,
Wayne