[Tutor] python telnet

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Nov 18 00:51:33 CET 2011

Rayon wrote:

> I am trying to use winpexpect  to connect  a telnet session.
> I keep getting this  error.
>

> raise ExceptionPexpect, 'Command not found: %s' % self.command
> ExceptionPexpect: Command not found: telnet

Please copy and paste the entire traceback, not just the last couple of
lines. But judging by just the small bit you show, it looks like
"telnet" is not a command that winpexpect understands, so it raises an
error "command not found".

Perhaps it is a bug in winpexpect. Are you using the latest version?

Do you actually have telnet available on your system? If not, then you
can't expect winpexpect to use something which isn't there.

--
Steven