[Tutor] Usenet comp.lang.python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 20 00:47:25 CET 2011

On 19/11/11 19:48, Alexander wrote:
> Hi. Does anybody know about using the comp.lang.python usenet news feed(?) ?
> I'd like help configuring it. I can't seem to find documentation helping me.
> Thanks for reading,

The easiest way is  probably to set up your newsreader to point at the
gmane server. On Thunderbird I have the following server settings:

Server name: news.gmane.org
Port 119

The rest are defaults.

Having set up the server the rest depends on your reader, but basically
you subscribe to the news groups you are interested in. For
comp.lang.python its called: gmane.comp.python.general

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site