[Tutor] File vs. Database (possible off topic)

Ken G. beachkidken at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 01:24:57 CET 2011

It occurred to me last week while reviewing the files I made in using
Python, it could be somewhat similar to a database.

What would be a different between a Python files and Python databases?
Granted, the access in creating them are different, I really don't see
any different in the format of a file and a database.

Again, this may be off topic, but where can I review the basic concepts
of creating a database/file.  For example, when is a back up file
created, after inputting a new value?  Is sorting a consider a separate
program after inputting a new value?  It has been some 30 years since I
took a course in basic data processing and I am hazy in trying to
remember the basic concepts.

If this is off topic, I apologized for posting here.

Ken, Kentucky, USA