[Tutor] basic class loading question

Cranky Frankie cranky.frankie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 18:09:53 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Dave Angel <d at davea.name> wrote:
snip
> quarterbacks = []
> for ....
>     quarterbacks.append(       )
>

> Now that you really have a list, then you can print a particular one with:
>
> print (quarterbacks[2].last_name)

Dave I'm sorry but I just don't get this. I have virtually no
experience  with classes.

What seems like it shoud work is this:

#######################
len_Qb_list = len(Qb_list)

for i in range(0, len_Qb_list):
    quarterbacks = Qb(*Qb_list[i])
    i = i + 1

print (quarterbacks[2].last_name)
############################

In other words, define an instance of the Qb class called
quarterbacks, and then "load" or instantiate instances of the class
using the 6 sets of values from Qb_list.

My error message is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:/Python31/q", line 27, in <module>
    print (quarterbacks[2].last_name)
TypeError: 'Qb' object does not support indexing

--
Frank L. "Cranky Frankie" Palmeri
Risible Riding Raconteur & Writer