[Tutor] Operation Speed Question

Charles Karl Becker charleshbecker at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 04:36:56 CET 2011

Dear Pythonistas,

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSpeed#Takeadvantageofinterpreteroptimizations%E2%80%8C%E2%80%8Bthis
is a link I found concerning optimizing the speed of python code.  Is
anyone familiar with an article or wiki such as this that may cover the
changes that took place in Py3K?  And I've heard that the Standard Library
will discuss the Big O notation for methods etc.  Where do I find the
comments on this in the docs?  A search for O(1) and O(n) returned nothing
on python.org, is http://docs.python.org/py3k/library/timeit.html the best
bet or is there somewhere else to look?
I realize that my code isn't probably going to enter any area where this is
important any time soon, but I'm trying to fill in my gaps in CS theory
without doing so through school.
Thanks!
Charles