[Tutor] Functional tutorial covering SQL database + GUI interface

Monte Milanuk memilanuk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:49:53 CET 2011

Hello all,

Thought I might ask here just to make sure my Google-fu isn't on the fritz and
I'm not missing something already existing...

Is there / do you know of any tutorial that covers actually using an SQL
database with a GUI interface (say, sqlite and tkinter since they come
packaged with python by default) to build something moderately useful like a
small address book i.e. CRUD application?

Seems like most of the tutorials cover isolated 'proof of concept' db access
or small windows with a button and label, not a lot more.  I'm kind of at that
point where I think I'm ready to move beyond that to making something a little
more functional and thought I might see if there were any prior works that
covered this sort of thing.

TIA,

Monte