[Tutor] useful function or reinventing the wheel??

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Tue Nov 29 17:32:18 CET 2011

On 11/28/2011 8:30 PM Mark Lybrand said...

> I am a habitual wheel re-inventor,

For anyone who hasn't yet discovered effbot's guide to the python
library, it's a good place to start as you expand your python skills.

see http://effbot.org/librarybook and in particular for your current
question, you'll find makedirs with sample code at

http://effbot.org/media/downloads/librarybook-core-modules.pdf

Although dated, it's still a great place to start as most internal
functions have changed little over the years.

Emile

so it would not surprise me, but I