[Tutor] Programming Collective Intelligence Study Group

Mark Lybrand mlybrand at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 08:52:15 CET 2011

Before I launch in on my master scheme.  I have come across another couple
of interesting Machine Learning/Python books:

Mining the Social Web by Matthew Russell. O'Reilly ISBN-13: 978-1449388348

Machine Learning: An Algorithmic Perspective by Stephen Marsland. ISBN-13:
978-1420067187

Okay, this is what I am thinking of trying out:

1. I will read through a chapter and try to provide a write up of the
material with the algorithms. Hopefully enough that even those without the
book can follow the source code and our discussions.

2. This will be communicated to Twitter, Google+ (I will make a page) and
Google Groups (I will make a group)

3. I will put a Wiki on my website and give anyone who wants it edit access
(just contact me).  There we can store notes and links and general
resources, with the idea that it could be a good Python/Machine Learning/AI
resource for us and others.

I will try to get up an initial post in the next week our two and announce
it here to allow folks to hook in via their preferred media.

This post is being made at the Machine Learning forum and to the Python
Tutor mailing list.  If you think of anywhere else to get the word out,
just holler.  I am thinking maybe the AI reddit group, AIQUS and the forum
on the AI class site. Others?

Mark