[Tutor] vcf_files and strings

Hs Hs ilhs_hs at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 19:16:35 CEST 2011

VCF - Variant Call Format

VCF files are nothing special but tab delim files describing the genetic mutations, friquencies and other base information (bases here mean ATGC pertaining to DNA).

These files are generated by variety of genome sequence data analysis pipelines.  MIT and Haplotype Mapping Project consortium developed this format.

Nothing special except that a genetics or any biologist will understand this - nothing special!

hth

cheers