[Tutor] Method to create small and simple database

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 30 00:58:51 CEST 2011

On 29/10/11 19:28, Joel Montes de Oca wrote:

> After looking at the Python module documentation for sqlite3
> (http://docs.python.org/library/sqlite3.html#module-sqlite3), it seems
> to me it's the best way to make the small database that I am looking for.

SQLlite is a great way to build small scale SQL databases.
However for this app I'd probably second the advice to use shelve.
Shelve acts like a dictionary in a file so you can associate a list of
items with a user very very easily.

> Now I need to look for a basic tutorial on constructing a simple
> database (tables, rows, keys) and how to connect all that stuff
> together. If anyone happens to know of a good intro tutorial or
> documentation to database concepts, please forward it to me.

You can try the database topic in my tutorial(see below).
It's only available for Python v2 at present but the translation
to Python v3 (if that's what you are using) is trivial.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site