[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 92, Issue 128

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 31 23:09:52 CET 2011

On 31/10/11 20:55, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> You may prefer to change to individual emails instead of digest mode. In
> my opinion, digest mode is only useful when you want to read other
> people's comments without commenting yourself.

It depends, I've used digests from other lists that delivered
the mails as embedded messages that you could open individually
and replies then followed the original. I think that requires
MIME encoding in the digest. But I've never tried it on the
tutor list so I don't know if it works here.

And digests are useful if you are on a tariff that limits the
number of messages received because they see the digest as
one message. But OTOH I haven't seen anyone offering message
based access for a quite a few years now.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site