[Tutor] need advice about a dictionary ({})

Richard D. Moores rdmoores at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 20:08:18 CEST 2011

So I've done quite a bit more work. With phone_book.py the user can
not only access phone numbers by the person's initials, but can add
items to the data file. I've also solved the problem of adding a
person who's initials have already been used in a key.

I've pasted phone_book_for_pasting.py at <http://pastebin.com/2wm4Vf1P>.

I'd appreciate any comments, instructive criticism, etc.

Some have suggested using the shelve module. I looked at it but
couldn't see in detail how to use it. If someone could write a short
demo script, or send me to one that pretty much does what my
phone_book.py does, that would be terrific.

Dick Moores