[Tutor] About installing 3.2.2

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Mon Sep 12 15:48:44 CEST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: tutor-bounces+ramit.prasad=jpmorgan.com at python.org [mailto:tutor-bounces+ramit.prasad=jpmorgan.com at python.org] On Behalf Of Richard D. Moores
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2011 10:03 PM
To: Tutor List
Subject: [Tutor] About installing 3.2.2

Win 7, Python 3.2.1

I had downloaded python-3.2.2.amd64.msi and started the installation when I saw the attached. Does it mean that I would lose everything in the site-packages folder? Is this something even the Python newbie is supposed to know?

Thanks,

Dick Moores

I would think not. The message leads me to think it will update an existing Python install but not in a delete-replace manner. You could always test it by copying the directory or creating a zip of it, update, and see if the site-packages folder has been modified.

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423