[Tutor] help importing pygame

Chad Reynolds cjreynol13 at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 04:22:09 CEST 2011

	For starters, I am a newish python programmer, far enough along to have my feet wet.  Running Mac OSX Lion (10.7), and python 2.7.2.  I am trying to expand my knowledge and use some packages outside of the base python library.
	Games are interesting so I decided I'd try pygame after reading many good things about it.  Now I have been to the site and downloaded the install package for OSX Lion, and run it successfully.  But when I try to run the example on the site (line by line chimp example) I get this error message:

	Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/private/var/folders/j4/10dtxgh14hl6vdvzzhbbqzdc0000gn/T/Cleanup At Startup/untitled text 4-337832000.071", line 11, in <module>
    import os, pygame
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygame/__init__.py", line 95, in <module>
    from pygame.base import *
ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygame/base.so, 2): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygame/base.so: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

The program hasn't even made it anywhere else in the code, and I really don't understand what the problem is.  Help would be much appreciated, thank you all