[Tutor] How it is better than java

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Sep 24 04:24:44 CEST 2011

Alan Gauld wrote:

> Apart from trolling the list what do you hope to gain from this post?

Be fair -- there's no evidence that Ashish Gaonker was insincere about
his question or trying to stir up trouble. It is a very common
misapprehension that "language Foo is faster than language Bar", and in
practice, Java programs often are faster than the equivalent Python
program. That's a quality of implementation issue rather than a language
issue: Python hasn't had the millions of dollars of development that
Java has had. But I bet I could write a Java compiler that was slower
than Python, easy! <wink>

--
Steven