[Tutor] Running scripts at login

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Apr 6 04:28:52 CEST 2012

Michael Lewis wrote:

>> On 05/04/12 05:59, Michael Lewis wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I am researching how to automatically run some of my scripts after I log
>>> into my Windows machine. I don't want to have to manually run the script
>>> or setup a windows task.
>> The same way you run any Windows program on startup:
>> Add the script to your startup programme group.
>>

> What if I want to send the executable to someone and have their machine run
> the script at startup? Assume I don't have access to their machine to add
> the script to the startup program group. How can I make that happen?

You tell them to add the script to their startup program group.

If they don't know how, you give them instructions, or ask them for access so
you can do it for them, or write an installer that will do it and tell them to
run the installer. The installer could be as simple as a DOS batch file.

This has nothing to do with Python.

--
Steven