[Tutor] how to build a multiplayer game?

Surya K suryak at live.com
Wed Apr 11 12:02:28 CEST 2012

I have written the basic part of the game. Now I want to make it a multiplayer one. (Its not a web app, a OS application)
So, I just wanted to know how do it.
Which topics I should refer? Network Programming or Web Programming or Internet Client Programming.
(There were the topics mentioned in Core Python Programming book).

Can anyone tell me how do we achieve such a application (I mean without having a web server). I am not really ready to setup a Apache HTTP server..... and all.