[Tutor] python connect() function

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 22:21:28 CEST 2012

Hi Pierre,

On 11 April 2012 15:49, Pierre Barthelemy <barthpi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a question about event handling and the use of the connect
> function. I have a data object, that contains a series of signals, one
> being "new_data_point" .

Where does this "connect function" come from and how does it work?  Did you
write it or is it part of some framework/third party software?  Suffice it
to say there is no standard "connect function" in plain Python itself that
has to do with signals and event driven programming, so you really need to
tell us a bit more about what frameworks etc you're using and what you're
doing, otherwise we can't try to help you effectively.

Walter