[Tutor] How to examine the following problem

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 19 09:27:08 CEST 2012

On 19/04/12 04:11, lina wrote:

> I meet a problem, mainly some error waring:
>
> CmdException Exception in Tk callback
> Function: <function <lambda> at 0x46fdde8> (type: <type 'function'>)
> Args: ()
> Traceback (innermost last):
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Pmw/Pmw_1_3/lib/PmwBase.py", line

This tells us the problem originates in a PMW file

> File "/usr/local/bin/modules/pymol/selecting.py", line 118, in select

And this says its from pymol code.

> The code I was downloading from
> http://www.biotec.tu-dresden.de/~hongboz/dssp_pymol/pymol_script/dssp_stride_pymol.py

This list is for problems with the Python language and its standard library.

We are not equipped to support all of the 3rd party modules out there so
unless you are very lucky and somebody on the list uses pymol and can
help, you will be better off asking for help on a pymol forum, or by
contacting the authors.

If you do that, one thing that might help is to provide information
about the OS you are using, the Python version, and how you are running
the code. For example, you have not provided any clues above as to what
actual python code you were trying to run which caused the error
message. The more context you can provide the easier it will be for the
pymol experts to see what's gone wrong.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site