[Tutor] How to examine the following problem

lina lina.lastname at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 10:17:12 CEST 2012

On Thursday 19,April,2012 03:27 PM, Alan Gauld wrote:
> On 19/04/12 04:11, lina wrote:
>
>> I meet a problem, mainly some error waring:
>>
>> CmdException Exception in Tk callback
>> Function: <function <lambda> at 0x46fdde8> (type: <type 'function'>)
>> Args: ()
>> Traceback (innermost last):
>> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Pmw/Pmw_1_3/lib/PmwBase.py", line
>
> This tells us the problem originates in a PMW file

Seems I have not update PMW recently.

>> File "/usr/local/bin/modules/pymol/selecting.py", line 118, in select
>
> And this says its from pymol code.
>
>> The code I was downloading from
>> http://www.biotec.tu-dresden.de/~hongboz/dssp_pymol/pymol_script/dssp_stride_pymol.py
>>

> This list is for problems with the Python language and its standard
> library.
>
> We are not equipped to support all of the 3rd party modules out there so
> unless you are very lucky and somebody on the list uses pymol and can
> help, you will be better off asking for help on a pymol forum, or by
> contacting the authors.
I have asked on pymol list. none response. I also sent email to the
author, none feedback yet. haha ... get my luck is a bit late?
Well, I have some faith about this list.

> If you do that, one thing that might help is to provide information
> about the OS you are using, the Python version, and how you are running
> the code. For example, you have not provided clues above as to what
> actual python code you were trying to run which caused the error
> message. The more context you can provide the easier it will be for the
> pymol experts to see what's gone wrong.

I installed 2.6, 2.7, 3.1, 3.2, 3.2mu

But in this situation it uses the 2.7.

I use debian.

I guess something become incompatible using his plugin.

Thanks,